07 Jul Staining tissue sections on TEM grids
The mPrep System streamlines the entire tissue preparation and grid staining workflow.
Staining tissue sections on grids requires using fine forceps to transfer grids into grid boxes, onto stain droplets or staining apparatuses, back into grid boxes, and eventually onto the TEM stage. As a result, microscopists experience multiple challenges:
- Grids are easily damaged
- Handling grids is tedious
- Grids are easily lost or mixed up
- Difficulty achieving uniform staining times across multiple grids
- Stains exposed to air can be contaminated, precipitate, and evaporate
- Encapsulated grids reduce handling and damage.
- Grids may only be directly handled at the microtome and the microscope
- Grids in mPrep/g capsules are always labeled
- Simultaneous processing assures uniform timing
- Enclosed capsules reduce and can even eliminate air exposure
Learn more about staining tissue sections on TEM grids in the application notes below.
Brain - Vampire bat (TEM)
mPrep/g capsules to hold TEM grids
mPrep/f couplers to prevent introducing damaging reagents into pipettors
Pipettor (such as a Gilson P200 volume) to enable reagent pipetting into mPrep/s capsules
mPrep/Bench to seal capsule bottoms during long reagent treatments
Gilson Pipetman Neo (P200) pipettors bundled with mPrep/g capsules
mPrep/g Pipettor Kit single-channel
- Single-channel pipettor
- mPrep/s capsule pack
- 96 pipette tips
mPrep/g Pipettor Kit eight-channel
- Eight-channel pipettor
- mPrep/g capsule pack
- 96 pipette tips
This video tutorial demonstrates how to use mPrep capsules with multi-channel pipettors and common lab ware to simultaneously deliver reagents to multiple specimens and grids. The video demonstrates TEM fixation and embedding. Reagent processing procedures are similar for all specimen types and for grids with mPrep capsules .
6 minutes 4 seconds
mPrep grid products
mPrep™ CPD Holder for critical-point dry processing of up to 6 mPrep/s or 6 mPrep/g capsules. For use with Tousimis® CPD apparatus, and others with 1.25” (32 mm) diameter chambers. Also used for cryogenic specimen preparation.Product SKU: 33010